Monday, October 13, 2008

My first day at work! BON APPETIT I LOVE YOU!

Woahh. What a day I had at Bon Appetit, my new employer: I saw every single culinary item you could think about from food items to gadgets and I have been salivating…. I saw pastry chefs making their doughs. I met more students and staffs of all nationalities. I don’t know where to begin.
I received a lot of supportive emails from friends and families. Everyone wants to know “how was work” so here is my answer to you all: work was great. Well you put me in the food world and I am in heaven. My office is the “welcoming” office of Bon Appetit. Everyone comes in: chefs, waiters, cleaning people, students, athletic guys and their directors. I took orders for parties, for meetings, for athletic events. The whole day, cooks come and talk. I went to the kitchen a few times to check on non dairy desserts, discussing with chefs. Suddenly I feel like this is right up my alley. FOOD, PEOPLE, EVENTS. All for me. I will tell you more soon. Come again on the webpage. And do you want to know what I had for lunch: roasted vegetable frittata, roasted asparagus, sauteed potatoes in rosemary, salad and an apple. That is my first day and the choices were endless!!

No comments: