Monday, October 20, 2008

Pizza dough, Roast beef, Cookies and all...I am in dreamland.






Imagine arriving in the morning and seeing pizza dough being made, pastries coming out the oven, meat being marinated...How would you feel? I LOVE IT!!! Even though I have never liked smelling food early morning but I am getting used to it.
So while the dough was being made and cut and all, I asked the baker for the recipe. So ready? Remember THIS IS THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH I HAVE EVER TASTED: 50 lbs of flour, 3 gallons of water, 2 lbs of yeast, 1/2 cup of salt....oh sorry, I should have asked for the recipe for a family of four. Well impossible. At Bon Appetit, we cook thousands of lunches, snacks and dinners. So you have to do with it : -)) Otherwise one good tip for roast beef (And they really make a tasty one) Take your roast beef, leave the fat on it. Put garlic, salt and pepper on top of it. Let it rest for 30 min. Turn on your oven very high (450 F les francais 230 deg C) when really hot, put your meat on. For the next 15 min, leave the meat in very hot oven, then turn down to 350 F (180 C) That is going to give you a very crispy outside. Cook until done. Matter of taste: if you want it well done, when you insert a knife, no juice should come out. I should have taken a picture of the cooked meat. It looks sensational.
Then I took a picture of all danishes, croissants, biscuits etc. Well, so far I am resisting...will I last??? My lunch was Chinese today: brown rice with sauteed vegetable and sweet and sour chicken and...broccoli (one of my favorite vegetable) Delicious!

No comments: