Monday, December 8, 2008

The President of Ireland Visit – Party for thousands – Books I have read…



I am trying to attract more people. So here are some fun facts: we have the President of Ireland at USF this week and “we” are feeding her and her people. That is fun, fun but the Secret service will not allow us to go to close. Anyway, getting a contract for the Presidency (I know this is Ireland I wish it could be the President of the USA I mean President Elect Obama…) is unusual knowing there are hundreds of caterers in San Francisco. Then on Wednesday USF is throwing a holiday party for thousands of people: the logistics is unbelievable: we are working 12 hours probably on Wednesday so details to come. And I wanted to let you know that I have been reading fascinating books: "White House Chef: Eleven Years, Two Presidents, One Kitchen" by Walter Scheib. This is not only about cooking but logistics and organization at the White house. It is such an interesting book especially during the Clintons’ time. I loved it. Then “Women: A Female Doctor's Journey in the Saudi Kingdom” by Qanta A. Ahmed. You live an extraordinary 400 pages in a strange atmosphere especially knowing that you are a woman, you have been studied in the USA and you are there on 9/11. You will not close that book. Then this other book which title I cannot remember: the story of the man who created the computer system for all 9/11 victims with their belongings, DNA information and how he did it with the help of an English Technical engineer working from Apple. It was pure fascination and not morbid at all. I love organization. So whatever circumstances, I love to read how to handle major situations. Whatever they are. And finally look at Joseph, one of our cooks showed up with the BanTransFats.com t-shirt. Joseph, not only you bear my name but I love you because you are a delegate for Denver for the Democratic party, you are a wonderful cook and you are so interesting to talk to! This page is for you my new friend!!! And my new friend Barak, I have promised myself to meet him. I have 4 years to make it happen....

No comments: