Thursday, January 29, 2009

Making Vietnamese Spring Rolls...moi in the kitchen!




Today, I was called in the kitchen. That was not the best day in terms of dress code (high heels, suit and turtleneck) but well, how many customers get food catered by a well dressed French woman?? So I did answer during my interview "that I know food well" well may be not the Vietnamese Spring Rolls: this was not difficult to roll and shape, it was the texture. But you can judge by the results. Brooks "my kitchen boss" told me I did very well. This is the part of the job I was not expecting but at this point, I am here to help even in the kitchen. So Joseph, one of my favourites head cooks called me later on to see how tofu is getting "smoked!" Email me if you need the techniques. Got it all figured out!

No comments: