Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No I did not put on weight yet...how am I doing it?



Well a few of you think I am now Bibendum from Michelin: NOPE! I don't eat all day. As soon as I arrive, I go to see the bakers. Again my favorite people and favorite morning smell. Then I tour the kitchens, discuss with the chef to see what's cooking for lunch, parties and receptions of the day. But I don't stay long because I am sensitive to onions, chicken or whatever is being made that early. I go back to my office and begin my work. I stop for a piece of fruit and often a cappucino or latte (I told you there is EVERYTHING you can dream about.) My lunch varies and like Ava my daughter said "tu dois etre impatiente de manger a midi... You must be looking forward to eating at lunch." You bet! Today, Tito,the crepe maker brought to my desk one of his crepes: cheese, roasted chicken, mushrooms, spinach and caramelized onions: that is actually my main problem, everyone wants me to taste what they are making (I only ate 1/2 of the crepe.) and the fact that I am French, I am a little bit the new "judge" in town. I always get a bowl of cut fruit, strawberries, melon, watermelon, grapes. Do you know my nickname at home? "The fruit terrorist" Yes this is the way Steve called me because I am eating, cutting, peeling fruit all the time. Then I go back for more fruit, yes you read well. And then tea time with no scones or biscuits. And I could! I am still 110 lbs (49 kgs.) So whoever is worried, don't. And did I add that I exercize at home almost every day for 25 to 30 min? So relax...Ah yes, I am having a lot of fun at work if you have any doubt...

No comments: